Abridged History of the 10th Age
- Rìkonung — the King of Dwarves. Usually referred to as the High King or the King of Dwarves by other races. Literally translates to “Overking.”
- Halkonung — a Hall-King, ruler of a folk-hall and the ætlaird of the ruling clan in a tolhal. Usually referred to as a Dwarf King in other languages.
- Ætlaird — the ruler of a clan and chief of a clan’s ancients; translates to Clan-Lord. Usually known as Clan Lord or Clan-Prince in other languages.
- Aetroc — a clan-judge; something between an advocate and a judge in old Avarine culture. Usually translated as Lawmaster.
- Gaethaff — literally a gate-warden, these aetroc are specially empowered by the halkonung of a tolhal to oversee the utanhal and to deal with the Hearthguard.